How can a Counselling session help me?
This is not only a great question but also a legitimate one. Counselling with Sharon provides an opportunity to grow and heal and can help you:
- identify the causes and patterns of your thinking, feeling and behaving which have created your difficulties
- develop a number of effective problem-solving strategies to increase your independence.
- explore the conscious and unconscious motivations behind unwanted feelings and behaviours; as well as making sense of those you are already aware of.
- heal the wounds of a trauma or personal crisis.
Sharon is a supportive / non-judgmental counsellor that is also empathic and gently challenging, while helping you find methods of coping via clear way forward.
Her tertiary studies and years of experience ensure you are in caring and capable hands.
What is Counselling?
Counselling with Sharon is a therapeutic relationship between a qualified counsellor and you.
It is both professional and intentional. In some circumstances, family members and friends may find it difficult to provide an objective point of view. Counselling offers this objective perspective, thus enabling you to gain insights and strategies to assist in managing your particular situation.
Counselling with Sharon usually takes place on a one to one basis, but it can be offered in a group or family session too.
What happens in a Counselling session with Sharon?
You will normally sit together for about an hour to discuss all relevant issues.
The “counselling process” involves a ‘getting to know you’ period, just like any new relationship.
You each play an equal role in the counselling process. There is no ‘expert’ in a counselling relationship.
As a qualified and caring counsellor, Sharon’s strong intention is to make your counselling process both safe and supportive.
She has completed her Diploma in Counselling in order to assist you in the following forms of counselling:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Person Centred Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Relationship Issues
- Family Therapy
- Group Counselling
- Sharon also has advanced experience in the areas of abuse, addictions, loss and grief
Can I get a refund through my health fund?
Yes, you can when kinesiology is provided in your Extras.
Please give Sharon a call on 0402 117 701 or e-mail her (click here), with your question/s.